08 June 2005

topless


after enduring a long week of cold and rainy grey, we are now experiencing steamy heat. I feel like walking around in my bra just like mildred here. I have no idea if that is really her name (probably not) but she screams 'mildred' to me. just look at her. you know she was so proud of this photo but kept it hidden in the bottom of her underwear drawer (just beneath the girdles) like some delicious little secret. I am thinking she took it out from time to time, secretly pleased with her risky, topless desert venture. what would she think of where her snapshot has ended up?

this is precisely why I collect these photos. it's so easy to get lost in the story.

8 comments:

  1. you andrea are hilarious! that was so fun! any more of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me think off all the pictures of me that I wanted to burn the negatives of and where they might eventually end up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so a mildred! Good call!
    i feel like that now here in florida. Winter was amazing here... but summer YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rats. With a title like "topless" I thought for sure there was going to be some skin involved. Oh well. Mildred will have to do.

    Love this photo. We had a great laugh thinking about the background story with it, didn't we? I've always thought that she and her unseen photographer "friend" were traipsing across the country on the Mother Road of Route 66, and decided to go off course to do some exploring. And then, lo and behold! Off with the blouse!

    Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this photo is hillarious and i love the backstory.
    mildred cracks me up.
    and as far as hot weather.... i ain't got no ac up in my apt right now. and it's wicked hot. it's been in the 90's this week. charming old apts are fun but not always comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping you'd be interested in participating in a book meme, because, well, you have been tagged .

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all have it all wrong! That is my friend, Louise, back when we were galavanting around the country side and trying to lose the cops! ... Thelma!

    ReplyDelete