07 February 2006

self portrait tuesday #21 (all of me)



ah, such gorgeous scenery. the grand canal in venice. an outdoor cafe in san gimignano. a venetian alleyway. apparently, I slept my way through it all. unfortunately, there are many MANY more shots like this and not just from our trip to italy. I save them all in a special box, I don't know why. I just can't bring myself to throw them away. um, I hate the sight of them but they also make me laugh and laugh and laugh.

this month's self portrait tuesday challenge 'all of me' is not going to be an easy one but let's face it-- flaws are fascinating. and sometimes beautiful. and gross and funny too. because wouldn't it be just the most boring world ever if we walked around as perfect flawless robot-like creatures? yes, YES it would. so bring on the realness. let's have a big party every tuesday and love on all the crazy/kooky/sad/painful/lovely/funny/weird/gross/beautiful/ugly photographs and celebrate the flaws.

(next week: my feet in all their cracked, torn and grimy post-dance class glory. it's going to be OFF THE CHAIN. you know you can't wait.)

more truth and honesty here and here.

11 comments:

  1. hear hear and hail for flaws! [notice i was too chicken this week.....] you put it right though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRING ON THE FEET!!! Hahahahaha...you know we'd luuuuv to see that. But even though your feet might not be pretty, your dancin' sure is!

    Here's to being flawed, whether that means physical flaws or glaring personality flaws! heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have that same problem. i always blink when usually a flash goes, or even if i hear the click - its a reflex of some sort! but the special box is good.

    i too was chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, maybe I'm weird or something but I like these pictures of you. I am starting to believe you don't ever take a bad pic! So bring on those feet girl! Show me some funk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your self portraits are so creative and inspiring the last two have been absolutely excellent. Thank you - I very much enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol looking forward to next week.

    as far as keeping the "bad" photos- i never did growing up! since being an adult i've had a digi cam so i just don't print the bad ones. when you said they make you laugh i was cracking up because i can see that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are pretty hilarious pics. I love that they are all in such beautiful places and it's just a half a shutter away from being such a lovely portrait. good job, andrea!

    Can't wait to see your gnarly feet. You should see my funky cuticles all dried out from gesso and mineral spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the idea of your feet being off the chain! bring-it-on! funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so HEART YOU! You made me laugh with this post because I could so relate. Your sense of humor is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are just beautiful and i didnt think of flaws at all when i saw these :)

    ReplyDelete