02 June 2014

hello june

hello, june

hello, month of monumental change. hello, edge where we are perched. hello, double-digit birthdays and eighth grade graduations and goodbye dinners (and breakfasts and lunches). hello, bittersweet feels. hello, open highways and rolled-down windows and dusty feet up on the dash and extra large cherry slushies. hello, days filled with the seeing of things. hello, late evening light and the return of the sun. hello, happy strawberry times. hello, land where the lightning bugs come out in june and flicker at dusk. hello, home.

6 comments:

  1. Such a cool image :)

    I saw my first Fireflies ever in my late forties in Ohio when I dropped my youngest off for college and he is allergic to strawberries, my Summer was so confused for a girl raised in England:)

    Hope you are doing well :)

    Cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Hello Summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and your new adventures. Still wistful that I won't get to visit you in Portland, but maybe our li'l V-Dub will take us to Atlanta one of these days. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's to happy times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your adventures are going to be life changing... I just feel it xxx

    ReplyDelete